What Challenges did the Local Communities Face?
Monday, 10 August 2015
As a result of the discussion marathon at the end of July and the beginning of August 2015 not only the temperatures outside but also the heat of the first community discussions held went up within the project „Life Changing Challenges". Platform AGORA and the Bulgarian School of Politics "Dimitry Panitza" in partnership with the local Chitalishtes in ten locations organized and held discussions for identification of significant local problems and selection of community leaders. Here are the challenges the local communities will face in their efforts to lead a better life.
July 23rd, 2015 Chitalishte "Zora-1903", Radilovo village:
- Create accessible environment for provision of administrative and information services to elderly and people with disabilities.
- Provision of accessible transport service (in financial terms) for the village residents.
July 25th, 2015 Chitalishte "Prosveta 1914", Malko Tarnovo:
- Encouraging young people to get education and qualification in order to fill in the vacancies.
- Work for integration of children from Roma origin in kindergartens and school.
July 27th, 2015 Chitalishte "Iskra-1929", Krushare village, Sliven district:
- Improved interaction between the institutions with civic approaches addressing the troublemakers who do not observe and respect the behavior rules and the established norms (in particular the problem with road safety - wagons and unattended domestic animals).
- Cleanness of the village and maintenance of the graveyard.
July 27th, 2015 Chitalishte „P.K.Yavorov 1867", Chirpan:
- Ensuring provision of sport facilities in the town.
- Organization and holding of autumn culture celebrations.
July 28th, 2015 Chitalishte „Razvitie 1898", Oreshak, Lovech district:
- Activating the civil conscience for maintenance of the hygiene in the village and the green areas („public culture of hygiene maintenance").
- Socialization of the green areas, recreation areas and culture.
July 29th, 2015 Chitalishte " Hristo Botev 2008", Garvan village, Gabrovo district:
- Solving the road issues (within the village).
- Maintain the local broadcasting station.
July 30th, 2015 Chitalishte "Hristo Botev-1924", town of Antonovo:
- Local authorities and citizens to communicate in easy to understand 'language', to inform each other, to exchange ideas and proposals for the development of the town and the municipality.
- The town to become more attractive for the young people through implementation of series of activities and initiatives for creating a better living environment - for sports, ecology and culture.
July 31st, 2015 Chitalishte „Aleko Konstantinov 1884", town of Provadia:
- Establishment of volunteer mobile groups for protection of 'Kaleto' and the green areas in town.
- Socialization of the park, located opposite the Post office, where open summer stage to be created as well as opportunities for expression of people of all ages.
August 03rd, 2015 Chitalishte "Tsviat 1870", Vidin:
- Activating the citizens for maintaining the town image.
- Overcoming the ineffective communication between citizens and institutions.
August 03rd, 2015 Chitalishte "Prosveta -1882" town of Kula:
- Improvement and maintenance of local attractions, sights, monuments and others.
- Establishment of Information Center for tourism, culture and crafts - concerning the activities part (provision of souvenirs suitable and emblematic of the town).
Platform AGORA and the Bulgarian School of Politics "Dimitry Panitza" in partnership with 12 Chitalishta from all over the country work for supporting the local communities and leaders in building mechanisms for decision making within the communities, thus increasing the citizens' participation in the decision making process. The project is financed by the NGO Programme under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism (2009 - 2014).This document is created with the financial support of the NGO Programme in Bulgaria under the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Association "Platform AGORA" and can in no way be taken to reflect the official views of the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area and the Operator of the NGO Programme in Bulgaria.